Moving out day
Once you tenancy comes to an end you have to move out by 5pm on the last day of your contract (a copy is available in your MyAccount using the username and password already supplied). If you want to stay beyond this time, even for a few hours, you will need to let us know. We normally arrange for our independent inventory clerks to visit the property on the same day to ensure that the details they record are as accurate as possible.
- Clean your room, communal and storage areas.
- Clear all the rubbish from your room and the kitchen. Remember to recycle as much as you can or donate unwanted items to charity.
- Empty the fridge/freezer and your food cupboards and give them a good clean.
- Take all stickers, posters off the walls.
- Pack all your things from your room and the kitchen. Any items left behind may be thrown away and you will be charged for the cost of disposal.
- Redirect your post – any mail which arrives after you’ve left will be returned to sender. Redirecting is easy and cheap. Go to www.royalmail.com for more information.
- Shut all the windows and lock the door.
- Return your keys, parking fob and biking shed key to Sally Hatcher Estates office or you’ll be charged for each one. Please put your keys in an envelope with your property address and your name on and post them into the letterbox.
Other things you need to do:
Cleaning charges 2014
You’ll need to clear all the rubbish and recycling to avoid incurring a cost.
Cleaning your room before you leave will save you money.
The following list of charges gives a general idea of what you can expect to pay if you haven’t cleaned a particular area:
|kitchen unit/work top and other surfaces/floor||£50+VAT|
|bedroom (en suite)||£55+VAT|
|carpet cleaning (bedroom)||£30+VAT|
|carpet cleaning (corridor)||£36+VAT|
|Rubbish/recycling removal from kitchen or bedroom including removal of electronic goods (min.charge)||£25++VAT|
The minimum charge for cleaning of £40+VAT.
Redecoration charges 2013
Allowances will be made for normal wear and tear but charges will be made for unreasonable damage. The guide costs are below:
Replacement/repair of items
Items such as fire signs, health and safety notices, door numbers, fixtures, fittings, upholstery, mattresses and chairs may need to be replaced or repaired if they are found to be damaged. Charges will be made at cost plus VAT at 20%.
Loss of keys
If you do not return your room key, access fob, car parking fob and bike shed key when you leave you will be charged in line with your tenancy agreement and procedures.